Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday Pie-Blogging

Since this blog is called Liberty and Pie, I figure it's about time we did some pie blogging. After all, we here are as 'Murkin as...

Mom's Apple Pie

Combine:

5 1/2 cups sliced apples
1 T lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 T flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

Mix thoroughly, spoon into slightly baked egg-glazed pie crust. I prefer making my pie crusts from scratch using the recipe that comes with Crisco sticks. YMMV.

Topping:

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup room temperature butter

Mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 F for 50 minutes or till filling bubbles and topping is golden.

This is actually my Mom's recipe, and I never fail to get rave reviews on it. Enjoy!