Friday, March 21, 2008

Back Again? But for how long.......

Life is a funny thing, and not like ha-ha funny. Well, it is if you want to get through it. When I last posted, it wasn't terribly significant. Here's the general, short description about why I haven't posted in eight months: LIFE.

As you know, if you read our palaver at all, we train monkeys. Two of them anyways, and they bear a surprising resemblance to children at times. Their development has been part of it, between sports and scouts and school, and, well, those of you with children will understand. Also, I have endure more illness than I can remember, causing the guesswork in white coats, known as doctors, to test me for reasons that I flat don't feel good.

The job has been, well, um, uh, it pays well enough for now. The steadiness in pay has allowed me to begin the discovery of joy with an i-Pod, which also keeps me partially sane on the job, so long as my phone doesn't ring non-stop. Fishing wasn't as prominent as last year, but there were some stellar outings with my nephew and the monkeys. Wii is also fun, especially because the monkeys get physical activity while playing.

The family also took in a professional ball game, the home team won (HURRAY!), and we received free fleece blankets to commemorate the trip (DOUBLE HURRAY!!). We did some short day trips. Time was spent with friends running a gaming convention. And most recently, I was the designated driver on St. Patrick's Day for friends. Although there is not much more annoying than a bunch of tipsy friends constantly thanking you for making the 'ultimate sacrifice' for their safety and pleasure, unless they happen to be vomiting on your shoes.

Anyway, I have been doing this to the avoidance of the world's troubles, political and otherwise, and it has been pretty darn good. I hope to improve on my time on, but also to be more uplifting, because if I can find joy, so can everyone else who looks for it.