Monday, February 05, 2007

First Bento

I spent some time putting this together this evening...it took me a while but I can see how after you've done this often enough it could get easier to do. First, the box:



It's just so adorable. Of all the bento boxes I looked at, this was the one I "had" to have. Might have something to do with years and years of Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo...the mushrooms are just so cute! When I first opened it I thought "Wow, this is small, I don't know if I can make this into a proper lunch." However, once it was filled with food it is actually quite heavy, and I think it will be pretty satisfying. See for yourself:




Top: onigiri with soy sauce in Hello Kitty container
Bottom: grapefruit sections, heart-shaped ham slices with sweet mustard dipping sauce in another Hello Kitty container.

The soy container is sitting in a paper liner because it leaks... I could have used something else I suppose but I *really* wanted my Hello Kitty. :)

Today my egg molds and animal soy bottles came in the mail. However I am down to my last egg, so the egg mold test will have to wait. Also have some little shape cutters coming courtesy of a friend's Pampered chef party.

Why yes, I am crazy, thank you very little. But I have to admit I am looking forward to my cute lunch tomorrow.