Monday, April 02, 2007

The Return of the Professor!

Well, I'm back...at least for the time being. I took a long hiatus due to working a new job and helping to coach my son's wrestling team. However, I am back to the land of at least temporarily unemployed. My position normally sees a summer layoff, but they are quite a bit early, given what I am seeing. So hopefully this will be the start of a return to the Professor's rants and maybe some enjoyment for you. I do hope to resume the pie reviews, because I have partaken in several outstanding desserts.

I would like to make one brief observation before going to glean the news of its crusty components. I took another self-imposed break from the news for a bit, and on my return the only thing that has changed is the increase in tabloid journalism across the board. I would like to see some stories on solutions to problems of a global nature; you know, Iran, Iraq, managing Al Gore's ego.... Instead I get more speculation on the life of the now deceased trailer trash queen and the problems of the Hollywood elite. To all of you supposed bastions of journalism excellence: leave this crap to The Entertainment Network and CBS.