Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mi Apologia....

Well, as you may (or may not) have noticed, we have been away for a while. A lot of things have happened that require a sound tounge-lashing, but I 'unplugged' myself over the summer. Work wasn't the usual culprit; I only worked one job versus the three I currently possess. I did forget my login information, but I reside with the blog master, so no excuse there.

I did pursue life a little more fully, however. My summer included fishing trips with my father and oldest child, leading my civil war regiment into several battles, going to an amusement park with my nephew, participated in a segment of filming for the new Amazing Race, and, generally speaking, making time for those folks and events important in my life. And I would say it was one of the better summers I have had in a while.

Maybe it is because my kids are out of diapers. That's a huge plus. Maybe it has to do with only four days of serious rain over the entire summer. I do know that part of it had to do with unplugging myself from our media outlets, and if you caught this story, you understand why I don't want all the pressure of news when I am trying to relax and recreate. If they desperately need to add drama, I am out. I work with families on a daily basis who have plenty of real-life drama, and if I want anything it is a few positive news stories. But I guess that's too much to hope for in this world.

Anyways, if you were reading this blog for a while and missed us, sorry we interrupted your reading pleasure. But, if nothing else, I really needed a break from reality, at least what they show us on the news, for a pursuit of my reality.